C# Training Classes in Columbus, Ohio
Learn C# in Columbus, Ohio and surrounding areas via our hands-on, expert led courses. All of our classes are offered on an onsite, online and public instructor led basis. Here is a list of our current C# related training offerings in Columbus, Ohio: C# Training
|10977: Updating Your SQL Server Skills 2014||17 August, 2015 - 21 August, 2015||$1990.00|
|10977: Updating Your SQL Server Skills 2014||28 September, 2015 - 2 October, 2015||$1990.00|
|10977: Updating Your SQL Server Skills 2014||9 November, 2015 - 13 November, 2015||$1990.00|
|10977: Updating Your SQL Server Skills 2014||14 December, 2015 - 18 December, 2015||$1990.00|
C# Training Catalog
Course Directory [training on all levels]
- Android & IOS Classes
- C++ Classes
- Blaze Advisor Classes
- Weblogic Classes
- Python Classes
- CompTIA Classes
- Microsoft SQL Server Classes
- Web Services Classes
- UML Classes
- Ajax Classes
- Crystal Reports Classes
- Microsoft Windows Server Classes
- Tcl, Awk, Bash, Shell Classes
- Web Development Classes
- Agile/Scrum Classes
course schedule [we are always working]
- 10174: Configuring Microsoft ShareP 2010
10 August, 2015 - 14 August, 2015
- 10174: Configuring Microsoft ShareP 2010
21 September, 2015 - 25 September, 2015
- 10174: Configuring Microsoft ShareP 2010
2 November, 2015 - 6 November, 2015
- 10174: Configuring Microsoft ShareP 2010
14 December, 2015 - 18 December, 2015
- 10265: Developing Data Access Solutions
3 August, 2015 - 7 August, 2015
- See our complete public course listing
Blog Entries publications that: entertain, make you think, offer insight
Studying a functional programming language is a good way to discover new approaches to problems and different ways of thinking. Although functional programming has much in common with logic and imperative programming, it uses unique abstractions and a different toolset for solving problems. Likewise, many current mainstream languages are beginning to pick up and integrate various techniques and features from functional programming.
Many authorities feel that Haskell is a great introductory language for learning functional programming. However, there are various other possibilities, including Scheme, F#, Scala, Clojure, Erlang and others.
Haskell is widely recognized as a beautiful, concise and high-performing programming language. It is statically typed and supports various cool features that augment language expressivity, including currying and pattern matching. In addition to monads, the language support a type-class system based on methods; this enables higher encapsulation and abstraction. Advanced Haskell will require learning about combinators, lambda calculus and category theory. Haskell allows programmers to create extremely elegant solutions.
Scheme is another good learning language -- it has an extensive history in academia and a vast body of instructional documents. Based on the oldest functional language -- Lisp -- Scheme is actually very small and elegant. Studying Scheme will allow the programmer to master iteration and recursion, lambda functions and first-class functions, closures, and bottom-up design.
Supported by Microsoft and growing in popularity, F# is a multi-paradigm, functional-first programming language that derives from ML and incorporates features from numerous languages, including OCaml, Scala, Haskell and Erlang. F# is described as a functional language that also supports object-oriented and imperative techniques. It is a .NET family member. F# allows the programmer to create succinct, type-safe, expressive and efficient solutions. It excels at parallel I/O and parallel CPU programming, data-oriented programming, and algorithmic development.
Scala is a general-purpose programming and scripting language that is both functional and object-oriented. It has strong static types and supports numerous functional language techniques such as pattern matching, lazy evaluation, currying, algebraic types, immutability and tail recursion. Scala -- from "scalable language" -- enables coders to write extremely concise source code. The code is compiled into Java bytecode and executes on the ubiquitous JVM (Java virtual machine).
Like Scala, Clojure also runs on the Java virtual machine. Because it is based on Lisp, it treats code like data and supports macros. Clojure's immutability features and time-progression constructs enable the creation of robust multithreaded programs.
Erlang is a highly concurrent language and runtime. Initially created by Ericsson to enable real-time, fault-tolerant, distributed applications, Erlang code can be altered without halting the system. The language has a functional subset with single assignment, dynamic typing, and eager evaluation. Erlang has powerful explicit support for concurrent processes.
A string in Python is enclosed in either single or double quotes. Therefore, either one does the trick. A common practice is to place single words with no characters that can be interpolated in single quotes and multi-word strings that contain interpolated characters in double quotes. This may be a carry over from Perl where interpolated characters are in double quotes.
If you do not want to interpolate a string, use a raw string ... r"\n". With the exception of the last print statement, each of the print statements prints hello on a separate line from how are you?. They are great for regular expressions.
Finally, triple double quotes """ some message about a function or class ... """ are used for docstrings.
print "hello \n how are you?" print 'hello \n how are you?' print r"hello \n how are you?"
A career in the field of software development remains immensely popular due to various factors. Chief among them of course is the higher compensation and lucrative pay scale in the IT industry when compared to other career options. In addition, the flexibility of work hours and the sheer sense of achievement experienced by one while creating new programs are unsurpassed by any other job.
Popularity and reach of Software Programs
Software programming has become a quintessential part of our day to day life, right from the smartphones in your pocket, to video gaming, and everything in between. The opportunities in this field are truly astounding. The niches for specializing are also diverse, from creating operating systems, to mobile app development, or web app development to name a few.
There are various ways in which you can distinguish yourself in the market for the much coveted title of software programmer. Here, we focus on some of them.
IT Outsourcing came to foray as a means for corporations to focus on critical business operations while having a specialized IT company take over the responsibility of managing the IT infrastructure and application development. For corporations especially in the developed countries, IT outsourcing provided two fold advantages, one was access to a highly talented pool of engineers and that too at a lower cost since countries like India were quickly growing their stature as an IT outsourcing hub.
IT Outsourcing is now as mainstream as ever and almost every leading organization outsources some or all parts of its IT infrastructure to a specialized company. It makes pure business sense and with tightening budget controls, IT outsourcing has become one of the strategic cost reduction driver for most organizations. Moreover, IT outsourcing is no more restricted to companies in USA & Europe outsourcing their IT projects to countries like India. Domestic companies within India itself actively use IT outsourcing including the Indian government like the India Post project given to TCS.
Is it then a no brainer that IT Outsourcing is critical to your business? Well, if it is cheaper and does not seem to have any inherent disadvantages why not!! Not really, IT Outsourcing despite proven benefits has its limitations and you should be cognizant be of the same before considering outsourcing your IT operations.
· Limitations in estimating the actual cost of IT outsourcing:Let’s tackle the biggest driver of IT Outsourcing-Cost Savings. For anyone to estimate the cost savings from IT Outsourcing one needs to be able to predict the cost of outsourcing which then helps understand the cost savings from the same. Yes, at a higher level it is a matter of a simple $ per man-hour costs and IT outsourcing will appear to be cheaper in almost all cases. However, “hidden costs” are commonplace with IT outsourcing and it can be immensely difficult to accurately predict these hidden costs. For example, you need to be able to identify the costs of transitioning your in-house IT to an outsourcer, management overhead needed to manage the outsourcing relationship etc. In addition, IT outsourcing contracts are fixed at the start of the contract and as a result any additional requirement/change tends to be charged additionally. It is no surprise that IT requirements can change frequently and if your outsourcing contract doesn’t account for flexibility, you might be limited in the actual cost savings you might make. There is no surprise that there have been so many instances of IT outsourcing projects overshooting their budgets by a huge margin such as the one government shared services project going 500 million pounds over budget
Tech Life in Ohio
|Company Name||City||Industry||Secondary Industry|
|Nationwide Insurance Company||Columbus||Financial Services||Insurance and Risk Management|
|Owens Corning||Toledo||Manufacturing||Concrete, Glass, and Building Materials|
|FirstEnergy Corp||Akron||Energy and Utilities||Gas and Electric Utilities|
|The Lubrizol Corporation||Wickliffe||Manufacturing||Chemicals and Petrochemicals|
|Sherwin-Williams||Cleveland||Retail||Hardware and Building Material Dealers|
|Key Bank||Cleveland||Financial Services||Banks|
|TravelCenters of America, Inc.||Westlake||Retail||Gasoline Stations|
|Dana Holding Company||Maumee||Manufacturing||Automobiles, Boats and Motor Vehicles|
|O-I (Owens Illinois), Inc.||Perrysburg||Manufacturing||Concrete, Glass, and Building Materials|
|Big Lots Stores, Inc.||Columbus||Retail||Department Stores|
|Limited Brands, Inc.||Columbus||Retail||Clothing and Shoes Stores|
|Cardinal Health||Dublin||Healthcare, Pharmaceuticals and Biotech||Healthcare, Pharmaceuticals, and Biotech Other|
|Progressive Corporation||Cleveland||Financial Services||Insurance and Risk Management|
|Parker Hannifin Corporation||Cleveland||Manufacturing||Manufacturing Other|
|American Financial Group, Inc.||Cincinnati||Financial Services||Insurance and Risk Management|
|American Electric Power Company, Inc||Columbus||Energy and Utilities||Gas and Electric Utilities|
|Fifth Third Bancorp||Cincinnati||Financial Services||Banks|
|Macy's, Inc.||Cincinnati||Retail||Department Stores|
|Goodyear Tire and Rubber Co.||Akron||Manufacturing||Plastics and Rubber Manufacturing|
|The Kroger Co.||Cincinnati||Retail||Grocery and Specialty Food Stores|
|Omnicare, Inc.||Cincinnati||Healthcare, Pharmaceuticals and Biotech||Pharmaceuticals|
|The Procter and Gamble Company||Cincinnati||Consumer Services||Personal Care|
training details locations, tags and why hsg
The Hartmann Software Group understands these issues and addresses them and others during any training engagement. Although no IT educational institution can guarantee career or application development success, HSG can get you closer to your goals at a far faster rate than self paced learning and, arguably, than the competition. Here are the reasons why we are so successful at teaching:
- Learn from the experts.
- We have provided software development and other IT related training to many major corporations in Ohio since 2002.
- Our educators have years of consulting and training experience; moreover, we require each trainer to have cross-discipline expertise i.e. be Java and .NET experts so that you get a broad understanding of how industry wide experts work and think.
- Discover tips and tricks about C# programming
- Get your questions answered by easy to follow, organized C# experts
- Get up to speed with vital C# programming tools
- Save on travel expenses by learning right from your desk or home office. Enroll in an online instructor led class. Nearly all of our classes are offered in this way.
- Prepare to hit the ground running for a new job or a new position
- See the big picture and have the instructor fill in the gaps
- We teach with sophisticated learning tools and provide excellent supporting course material
- Books and course material are provided in advance
- Get a book of your choice from the HSG Store as a gift from us when you register for a class
- Gain a lot of practical skills in a short amount of time
- We teach what we know…software
- We care…