Design Patterns Training Classes in Olympia, Washington
Learn Design Patterns in Olympia, Washington and surrounding areas via our hands-on, expert led courses. All of our classes are offered on an onsite, online and public instructor led basis. Here is a list of our current Design Patterns related training offerings in Olympia, Washington: Design Patterns Training
Design Patterns Training Catalog
Course Directory [training on all levels]
- .NET Classes
- Agile/Scrum Classes
- Ajax Classes
- Android & IOS Classes
- Blaze Advisor Classes
- C Classes
- C# Classes
- C++ Classes
- Cisco Classes
- Cloud Classes
- CompTIA Classes
- Crystal Reports Classes
- Design Patterns Classes
- Foundations of Web Design & Web Authoring Classes
- Git, Jira, Wicket, Gradle, Tableau Classes
- Java Programming Classes
- JBoss Classes
- Linux Unix Classes
- Machine Learning Classes
- Microsoft Development Classes
- Microsoft SQL Server Classes
- Microsoft Windows Server Classes
- Oracle, MySQL, Cassandra, Hadoop Database Classes
- Perl Classes
- Python Classes
- Ruby Classes
- Security Classes
- Share Point Classes
- SOA Classes
- Tcl, Awk, Bash, Shell Classes
- UML Classes
- VMWare Classes
- Web Services Classes
- Weblogic Classes
- XML Classes
course schedule [we are always working]
- 20415: Implementing a Desktop Infrastructure
15 May, 2017 - 19 May, 2017
- 20742: Identity with Windows Server 2016
8 May, 2017 - 12 May, 2017
- 20339-1: Planning and Administering SharePoint 2016
1 May, 2017 - 5 May, 2017
- 55021: Configuring and Administering Hyper-V in Windows Server 2012
10 May, 2017 - 12 May, 2017
- CompTIA Security+ (Exam SY0-401)
15 May, 2017 - 19 May, 2017
- See our complete public course listing
Blog Entries publications that: entertain, make you think, offer insight
The mainstay of a corporation is the data that it possesses. By data, I mean its customer base, information about the use of its products, employee roles and responsibilities, the development and maintenance of its product lines, demographics of supporters and naysayers, financial records, projected sales ... It is in the organization of this data that advancements to the bottom line are often realized i.e. the nuggets of gold are found. Defining what is important, properly cataloging the information, developing a comprehensive protocol to access and update this information and discerning how this data fits into the corporate venacular is basis of this data organization and may be the difference between moving ahead of the competition or being the one to fall behind.
Whenever we attempt to develop an Enterprise Rule Application, we must begin by harvesting the data upon which those rules are built. This is by no means an easy feat as it requires a thorough understanding of the business, industry, the players and their respective roles and the intent of the application. Depending upon the scope of this undertaking, it is almost always safe to say that no one individual is completely knowledgeable to all facets needed to comprise the entire application.
The intial stage of this endeavor is, obviously, to decide upon the intent of the application. This requires knowledge of what is essential, what is an add-on and which of all these requirements/options can be successfully implemented in the allotted period of time. The importance of this stage cannot be stressed enough; if the vision/goal cannot be articulated in a manner that all can understand, the knowledge tap will be opened to become the money drain. Different departments may compete for the same financial resources; management may be jockeying for their day in the sun; consulting corporations, eager to win the bid, may exaggerate their level of competency. These types of endeavors require those special skills of an individual or a team of very competent members to be/have a software architect, subject matter expert and business analyst.
Once the decision has been made and the application development stages have been defined, the next step is to determine which software development tools to employ. For the sake of this article, we will assume that the team has chosen an object oriented language such as Java and a variety of J EE components, a relationsional database and a vendor specific BRMS such as Blaze Advisor. Now, onto the point of this article.
Back in the late 90's, there were a number of computer scienctists claiming to know java in hopes of landing a job for $80k+/year. In fact, I know a woman you did just that: land a project management position with a large telecom and have no experience whatsoever. I guess the company figured that some talent was better than no talent and that, with some time and training, she would be productive. Like all gravey train stories, that one, too, had an end. After only a year, she was given a pink slip.
Not only are those days over, job prospects for the IT professional have become considerably more demanding. Saying you know java today is like saying you know that you have expertise with the computer mouse; that's nice, but what else can you do. This demand can be attributed to an increase in global competition along with the introduction of a number of varied technologies. Take .NET, Python, Ruby, Spring, Hibernate ... as an example; most of them, along with many others, are the backbone of the IT infrastructure of most mid-to-large scale US corporations. Imagine the difficulty in finding the right mix of experience, knowledge and talent to support, maintain and devlop with such desparate technologies.
Well imagine no more. According to the IT Hiring Index and Skills Report, seventy percent of CIO’s said it's challenging to find skilled professionals today. If we add the rapid rate of technological innovation into the mix of factors affecting more businesses now than ever before, it’s understandable that the skill gap is widening. Consider this as well: the economic downturn has forced many potential retires to remain in the workforce. This is detailed in MetLife's annual Study of Employee Benefits which states that“more than one-third of surveyed Baby Boomers (35%) say that as a result of economic conditions they plan to postpone their retirement.” How then does the corporation hire new, more informed/better educated talent? Indeed, the IT skills gap is ever widening.
In order to compensate for these skill discrepencies, many firms have resorted to hire the ideal candidates by demanding they possess a christmas wish list of expertise in a variety of different IT disciplines. It would not be uncommon that such individuals have a strong programming background and are brilliant DBA's. What about training? That is certainly a way to diminish the skills gap.
- The IRS is enabling taxpayers to download their tax transcripts over the internet from the Internal Revenue Service. The official secure URL for the transcripts download followed immediately after The White House fact sheet confirmed the decision. According to the Tech Crunch You Can Now Download Your Tax Returns From The IRS article, there are some minor bug issues when registering. Given that security has long been problematic with the IRS, the best course of action for the public is to take some precautions when downloading personal information on mobile devices, pc’s and laptops. Installing disk encryption software on all your devices will protect your files reduce risk
- Have an awesome Start-Up with products in ‘stealth or private beta” that you want like to pitch for a chance to get a table at Disrupt NY? TechCrunch is heading to Atlanta and New Orleans February 18th and 20th 2014 and will host a beer fest night in exchange for your thoughts and pitches. Tickets are $5, and all entrepreneurs, investors, dreamers or tech enthusiast are welcome.
- Cloutex, a cloud computing future enabler has just secured their first round of seed funding. Cloutex is an Estonian tech startup, which connects and syncs various web applications such as e-marketing, CRM and accounting tools under one convenient hub. The United Partners, SmartCap and EstBan business angels seeded the start-up with $6000, 000.
- Could you get everything important that you need to know about living successfully from a computer program? Ryan Dube seems to think so. In his 6 Life Habits That Programming Could Teach You Today he speaks in flow charts, loops and program modules, in the same breath as paying off debt or buying a house. How can your programming skills help in life skills by modeling some of the same principles?
- 10 Incredibly Simple Things You Can Do To Protect Your PrivacyPassword protect your devices. Put alerts on your name in Google; simple tasks that can be significant in protecting your privacy.
- Adobe Brings 3D Printing Support to PhotoshopAmong the latest updates in Adobe, Photoshop users have the ability to design 3D models from scratch as well as being able to toy around with color, shape and angles.
Social marketing firm Buddy Media is being bought out by Salesforce.com in a $689 million stock and cash deal. The transaction will close Oct. 31 (the end of the third fiscal quarter).
Among its 1,000 customer, Buddy Media includes the companies ofFord, Hewlett-Packard and Mattel. Thanks to its capabilities of sending targeted marketing content through YouTube, LinkedIn and Facebook, Salesforce.com will build on the monitoring technology in social media through its recent Radian6 purchase.
According to Salesforce.com CEO Marc Benioff, the Marketing Cloud leadership will enable the company to take advantage of the massive opportunity within the next five years.
The purchase is arriving on the heels of rival Oracle’s buyout of Virtue, who is the competitor to Buddy Media.
Tech Life in Washington
|Company Name||City||Industry||Secondary Industry|
|Symetra Financial Corporation||Bellevue||Financial Services||Insurance and Risk Management|
|Alaska Air Group, Inc.||Seattle||Travel, Recreation and Leisure||Passenger Airlines|
|Expedia, Inc.||Bellevue||Travel, Recreation and Leisure||Travel Agents & Services|
|Itron, Inc.||Liberty Lake||Computers and Electronics||Instruments and Controls|
|PACCAR Inc.||Bellevue||Manufacturing||Automobiles, Boats and Motor Vehicles|
|Puget Sound Energy Inc||Bellevue||Energy and Utilities||Gas and Electric Utilities|
|Expeditors International of Washington, Inc.||Seattle||Transportation and Storage||Freight Hauling (Rail and Truck)|
|Costco Wholesale Corporation||Issaquah||Retail||Grocery and Specialty Food Stores|
|Starbucks Corporation||Seattle||Retail||Restaurants and Bars|
|Nordstrom, Inc.||Seattle||Retail||Department Stores|
|Weyerhaeuser Company||Federal Way||Manufacturing||Paper and Paper Products|
|Microsoft Corporation||Redmond||Software and Internet||Software|
|Amazon.com, Inc.||Seattle||Retail||Sporting Goods, Hobby, Book, and Music Stores|
training details locations, tags and why hsg
The Hartmann Software Group understands these issues and addresses them and others during any training engagement. Although no IT educational institution can guarantee career or application development success, HSG can get you closer to your goals at a far faster rate than self paced learning and, arguably, than the competition. Here are the reasons why we are so successful at teaching:
- Learn from the experts.
- We have provided software development and other IT related training to many major corporations in Washington since 2002.
- Our educators have years of consulting and training experience; moreover, we require each trainer to have cross-discipline expertise i.e. be Java and .NET experts so that you get a broad understanding of how industry wide experts work and think.
- Discover tips and tricks about Design Patterns programming
- Get your questions answered by easy to follow, organized Design Patterns experts
- Get up to speed with vital Design Patterns programming tools
- Save on travel expenses by learning right from your desk or home office. Enroll in an online instructor led class. Nearly all of our classes are offered in this way.
- Prepare to hit the ground running for a new job or a new position
- See the big picture and have the instructor fill in the gaps
- We teach with sophisticated learning tools and provide excellent supporting course material
- Books and course material are provided in advance
- Get a book of your choice from the HSG Store as a gift from us when you register for a class
- Gain a lot of practical skills in a short amount of time
- We teach what we know…software
- We care…